Wednesday, November 26, 2008

WFW: Give Thanks!

This cute little Indian is my Big Guy. He was an Indian in his first grade Thanksgiving play.
Was that really five years ago?
Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I have sooooo many things to be thankful for. Everytime I have ever looked at this Scripture I have always looked at the part that says, "in everything", but I haven't really focused on the part that says it is the "will of God".
All my life I have said that I wanted to do God's will, but I have been missing such an easy part of fulfilling God's will for my life. Being thankful in everything.
When should we be thankful? The only way I know to find that answer is to go to the Bible.
First it says, in every circumstance.
Ephesians 5:20 "Giving thanks always for all things unto God..."
Philippians 4:6 "... in everything ..."
Philippians 4:11 "... for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content."
1 Thessalonians 5:18 "In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God ..."
Second, while entering His presence.
Psalms 100:4 "Enter into his gates with thanksgiving ... be thankful unto him... "


Third, it says continually.
In the middle of the night...
Psalms 119:62 "At midnight I shall rise to give thanks to Thee ..."
Three times a day....
Daniel 6:10 ... "kneeling on his knees three times a day, praying and giving thanks ..."
Every morning and every evening.

1 Chronicles 23:30 "And they are to stand every morning to thank
and to praise the Lord, and likewise at evening."


I pray that you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
We are SO blessed.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Deanna! I have that song in my head again: "I will enter His gates with thanksgiving in my heart, I will enter His courts with praise, I will say this is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice for He has made me glad." Your post triggered it in my mind and I'm thankful for that!

God bless you and your family!

LauraLee Shaw said...

Great insights into this verse, and that pic is awesome! Happy WFW!

Amydeanne said...

I love it! and what a cutie pie there!

From the Doghouse said...

And thank you too.

Laurie Ann said...

Beautiful post Scriptures...and such a cute pic! Have a happy WFW and a wonderful Thanksgiving!

K Storm said...

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Unknown said...

Beautiful post!

happy thanksgiving

Sandi said...

What a cute little Indian costume!

Susan said...

Hey Deanna!

Your blog is just beautiful. Loved the picture of your son.

Thanks for those awesome scriptures that remind and instruct us to be thankful, ALWAYS!!

Blessings to you this Thanksgiving♥

Patty Wysong said...

What a cute indian! (how time flies, huh?) Great truth here!

Melissa B. said...

What a touching post! And I REALLY love the snap! Have a wonderful, bountiful and thankful day tomorrow!

Felicia said...

Happy Thanksgiving!There are many things I am thankful for and I am thankful for having known you.

Buckaroo Banzai said...

Have a terrific Thanksgiving!

(Who knew the Indians had such awesome sneakers?) :)

Confessions of A Mississippi Mom said...

Happy Thanksgiving and I'm blessed knowing you,wish you and your family the best.... thanks for the inspirational post.

Denise said...

Beautiful, be blessed.