Monday, November 24, 2008

Going, Going, Gone!

I had been seeing the signs.    I knew there was a problem, but with the holidays and Christmas shopping I kept hoping that I could baby "it" until after the New Year.     I talked to it, babied it, and tried to give it first aid, but last Wednesday it finally gave up.      My laptop cord.     It was devastating.     As soon as I turned on my laptop I knew it had finally given up.    I tried all the usual techniques:   plugging and unplugging, wiggling the extension, checking the power box.    It had just gone on the technology heaven.

I took it down to my favorite computer repair guy and asked him to make sure it was the power cord and not the laptop adaptor before I ordered another cord.     He confirmed my diagnosis.  

In desperation I ran to a local electronics store, but they wanted me to pay $120 for what I could order online for $45.     So, I ordered it and now I am waiting.   Waiting.   Waiting.  

I wanted today's post to be about my sweet nephew's dedication Sunday morning and the precious pics I took.    But, I am going to wait until that cord arrives and upload them to my laptop.

For now, I borrowed my hubs' computer to let you know.... I WANT MY LAPTOP BACK!   Happy Monday, guys!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deanna, is your laptop a Mac by any chance? I know Mac AC adaptors cost the moon. I'll be happy when you get your laptop back in working condition for selfish reasons -- I can't wait to see those pics!

Sharon said...

You poor thing, now you are having to play the waiting game. But for that price yes I would too.
Hurry Backkkkkkk
Hugsss
Sharon

Unknown said...

My laptop ate my profile... now I can't get to all the pictures that were on it.

I hope your cord comes quickly!!!

Dr. Wifey said...

gah! hope it gets there SOON, i need my daily dose of deanna! :)

From the Doghouse said...

Sigh. Sorry about that. Good luck, and hope the package comes in soon!

Confessions of A Mississippi Mom said...

The same thing happened to me, aggravating
I ended up paying $120 at staples... I should of went on line to order it...

Confessions of A Mississippi Mom said...

OH and I'm jealous that you are meeting Dr. Wifey,,

black betty said...

that is a HUGE price difference...geez.

happy thanksgiving, honey!!!

Sandi said...

What?? Why the difference in price? That's crazy.

Melissa B. said...

Ah, Technology, the bane of my existence! Can't live with it, can't live without it...

HEATHER said...

Sucks when your laptop tears up!
I want to thank you for that FOCA ad. It's a shame we couldn't have known about that and publicized before the election!

Anonymous said...

AHHH...I hate it when stuff like that happens! And then it costs a fortune to replace it! And you HAVE to have it so you HAVE to pay the money! So irritating! Good luck without your lappy!