Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Moon Shines Down


If you are a Mom you have probably read "Goodnight Moon" about a 1,000 times. You have every word memorized. Just picking up the book brings back the memories of snuggling up with your sweet one after a bath. How sweet they smell just after their bath all warm and cuddly in their pajamas. Curled up beside you with their bedtime cuddly.

Don't you just love Margaret Wise Brown for creating these special memories for you and your child? I do! Now I am so glad that one of her manuscripts has been discovered and was recently published. The Moon Shines Down was discovered in an old trunk on her Vermont farm. That is pretty incredible to me considering Ms. Brown died nearly 56 years ago.

This beautifully illustrated book reminds me of the song that says, "Jesus loves the little children. ALL the children of the world."

I think it is really special that this book arrives just in time for the arrival of my precious twin nieces. I intend to give them this special book for their bookshelf. I hope that this new book which is based on a classic prayer which says "God Bless the Moon and God Bless Me" will be a memory maker for them and my sweet sister like "Goodnight Moon" was for me and my boys.
This book will definitely be going in my "gift closet" for new babies in my life.
Buy the book here: Christian Book or Amazon

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that is exciting! Now when I have a little one there'll be something new to read! That's great! (I'm not pregnant just thinking WAY in the future! haha)

Dr. Wifey said...

my nephews would probably like this...i know what they are getting for Christmas! thanks for sharing :)

K Storm said...

Thanks for letting us know about this. Her books have been favorites around here. I'll have to get that one for my boy and niece.

Buzzard Roost Babe said...

Sounds like your nieces will be blessed to have an Auntie like you!

Amydeanne said...

havne't actually heard of that book before, sounds good!

and the election post! awwww i almost cried reading that! kudos mama for raising a fine young man!

HEATHER said...

I hadn't heard about this!
I love her books!
Thanks for the heads up.

Sandi said...

I hadn't heard about it either ... thanks, Deanna!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear all the nice praise. Thank you for the good press and getting the word out.
Linda Bleck