Monday, November 17, 2008

The Election Results Are In

Sometime Friday afternoon Big Guy casually mentions that they FINALLY had their class elections.     Errrrrrcccccckkkkk! (That was supposed to be the sound of car brakes.   Ha!)   

Me:   "What did you say?"

Big Guy:   "We had our class elections."

Me:    "And........"

Big Guy:    "I didn't win."

Me:    "Oh.   O.K.    Well....   I am glad you decided to run."

I thought that was the end of the conversation, but a few minutes later he walks up.

Big Guy:   "Mom, I forgot to tell you who won the election."

Me:    "You are right.   Who won?"

Big Guy:   "Sarah."

Me:    "I don't remember her."

Big Guy:    (explains to me who she is and then says...)  "Yea, it would have been a tie between me and her, but I voted for her instead of voting for myself.    I just don't understand why people vote for themselves.   That seems a little arrogant to me to vote for yourself.    I thought Sarah would do a good job so I voted for her.     Some of my friends teased me for not voting for myself, but Mom it just seemed really.... not right.    You know?.....    I am starving."

Me:     I didn't answer because I was so choked up with pride at my son's choice that I couldn't find my voice.

16 comments:

Dr. Wifey said...

wow! that is one selfless kid!

K Storm said...

That is great, Deanna. You should be proud.

From the Doghouse said...

That's too cool! So, what did you get him to eat? After that, I'm sure it was something good!

Anonymous said...

I was beginning to think Big Guy's elections had gone the way of Florida's elections (haha, I can say that, I live here!) I'm sorry that he didn't win because I think he'd be a GREAT president but, even more, I'm TICKLED PINK to hear what kind of kid he is, with integrity and a great conscience and -- even better -- that he LISTENS to them! Way to go, Mom, you're doing a great job with that kid!

Supermom said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Confessions of A Mississippi Mom said...

He is a good guy for not voting for himself... very sweet!

Crystal said...

Aww that's so awesome. It made me tear up a little reading that. You are raising one seriously great kid!

AM said...

that's awesome...good teaching mom!

Tommy, Suzanne, and Mary Peyton said...

that is awesome. i know you are proud!

black betty said...

that...is...awesome! your kid rocks the catbox!!! :D

HEATHER said...

Such a sweet little man!

Aunt Julie said...

Gosh, we need more politicians like him...Sounds like you raised him right! BTW, I'm celebrating 150 Posts with an Award and a Pop'rs Giveaway...please come visit soon!

Sandi said...

What a sweet guy. You're raising a thoughtful, considerate little man!

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

I am sad that he is so much older than my 18 month old, Grace. Because I want him as my son in law, someday! You have a good kid!

Buzzard Roost Babe said...

That is the sign of a very mature guy! Wow! President one day ! He has my vote...

Anonymous said...

Ohh he's a sacrificial one that little guy! You should be so proud of him!