Wednesday, November 19, 2008

WFW: Stick Close, My Friend

"There is a friend who sticks closer than a brother." Proverbs 18:24
You probably all recognize Little Guy in this picture, but the other member of the family that you haven't met is "Soft Tailed Baby". Soft Tailed Baby joined our family when Little Guy was only about 10 weeks old. He was born with esophagus problems which meant he had to be hospitalized for an extended stay. Hubs' office sent Little Guy this sweet little leopard with a big bunch of balloons attached. Little Guy would sit and stare at those balloons and just touch the soft fur of the leopard. When we came home with the NG feeding tube, Little Guy would endure the weeks of feedings, tube placement checks and a anxious mom by staring at those balloons and touching that little leopard.
Little Guy is now seven and he and Soft Tailed Baby are still "buddies". Especially when Little Guy isn't feeling well or is tired. I remember the first time Little Guy was old enough to be aware when I had to give Baby a bath in the washing machine. He was frantic that Baby was going to drown. I literally had to hold his head above water and hold his nose while dunking him under the water to make sure he got a proper bath.
God comforts me the same way that Baby comforts my Little Guy. He is willing to listen when I am distraught. He talks when I need help or words or love and encouragement. He gives me a shoulder to cry on or His big arms when I need a hug. He holds my hand when I am scared. And I believe He jumps up and down in excitement when I am excited about something.
I have also discovered that God has given me friends to stick close to me as well. This week I made a decision that I have regretted. I second guessed myself in blogging about a prayer request that I wanted you guys to pray with me about. The reason I did this was because the last time I shared with all of you about a prayer request, I received a rebuke from someone in my family who felt I should just get a journal and quit sharing my life on my blog. When this situation came up this week, I decided not to post my request because I didn't want to frustrate my family member. However, what happened was I went through the experience without all the support I knew I would have had. (Trust me, I had support from my husband, wonderful sister and best friend.)
Despite the fact that most of us have never met, when I have my prayer time I spend time praying for Black Betty and Alice's babies, Willow and Wifey's new job-to-be, Sandi's new job, Mayberry's health, Felicity and Wyatt's new relationship with God, Lizzy's financial situation, Belle's approaching one year death of her father and so many, many more.
So, now I tell you, my friends who stick close. Last night the doctors called and told us that the tests are ALL CLEAR! Praise God! Big Guy had a tumor removed from behind his ear two years ago and he had been having some symptoms over the past week that led us and the doctors to be concerned that it could be growing back, but this time underneath the skull instead of outside like before. We had scans run this morning and when they called tonight they said that there were no tumors, no brain bleeds and no signs of problems. Have I said "Praise God" yet? They told us to come Thursday to check for possible nerve involvement from the previous surgery that might be causing the symptoms, but THAT I can handle much more than our previous fears.
Thank you my blogging friends. For being here even when you didn't know you were. And for the small group of you who actually knew about what was going on and kept me sane the last two days. Thank you for truly sticking closer than a brother.
My God is great and greatly to be praised!!

31 comments:

Felicity said...

Oh Deanna, I thank God for you and your family. You are such a treasure and if we shall never meet on Earth, I welcome meeting you in heaven :)

Anonymous said...

PRAISE GOD indeed! Deanna, whether you ever post on your blog that you need a specific prayer request, you and your family are always in my prayers and in my heart.

Soft Tailed Baby is adorable (that bath story is too cute) -- and I love your analogy about God being your comfort as SOft Tailed Baby is Little Guy's.

Great verse and pic for WFW.

Tommy, Suzanne, and Mary Peyton said...

God is good - all of the time!

i am so glad that everything came back clear!

and i will keep praying for you - since i do "know" you face to face! i never knew how fortunate i was!

Sharon said...

PRAISE GOD!! For all the glory we give to him. What a truly touching WFW, and anytime you need prayer warriors on your side you just ask and we will be there for you!
I Love his soft tail baby it's so cute.... I love how you washed it!
Amen,,, what a cool mom you are to hold his head up. great story
Have a blessed day my friend, And will continue praying for your family

Denise said...

Praise God for this news dear one.

Taylor & Krisa said...

Praise God! Glad "Big Guy" is doing OK.

Tyanne said...

That's awesome Deanna! I am glad that all the tests turned out well.
Sam has a lovie called Rufus that we literally take everywhere, I have to buckle him up with Sam in the car each time we go out!

black betty said...

what an amazing story. it only confirms why i like you so very much. god bless you, honey. xoxo

Unknown said...

First of all... you just blessed the skeedoodle out of me, seeing my name on your prayer list. Wow...

Second... I'm so THANKUL there was nothing on the scan. SO thankful..

Third... I don't agree with your relative. That's all I have to say about that.

mayberry said...

Praise GOD for a good report! I am rejoicing with you this morning.

Thank you SO SO SO much for your prayers for me. I have felt them.

Confessions of A Mississippi Mom said...

Girl that is awesome, you know I can totally relate because when my boy's were transported to a childrens hospital they had a Fox that rode with them, and they still cling onto those foxes....

You are an amazing blogger friends.. I get so many good ideas from you... thanks for being my friend :)

Dr. Wifey said...

girl, you have me crying! thank you for your prayers. please know that if you had shared with us, i would have been on my knees praying for you and your family, especially Big Guy. i am sooooo happy that we happened upon one another here in "blog world" and I CANNOT wait to meet you in person!!

when i first saw that pic of Little Guy and his Soft Tailed Baby, i could tell that it had a special place in his life - looks like he has been through it all :)

LauraLee Shaw said...

Wow, HUGE praise!!! To Him be the glory!!

Thank you for sharing this!

From the Doghouse said...

AWESOME!!! Thanks God for such great news!

Wilson said...

Hallelujah!

Carrie said...

What a precious boy...and so is Soft Tailed Baby.

Laurie Ann said...

Praise God, indeed! I'm so glad the results were so good! Great WFW post! Happy WFW to you!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post! So glad the test results were good!!!

Joyfull said...

Rejoicing with you over the great report. Love the picture and story of the little guy!

Supermom said...

What an incredible post!

praise God!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

I'm glad to hear that all is well with you. God is good.

Anonymous said...

Oh Deanna how your words have touched me...from little guy to big guy...Praise our God. And that Soft tailed baby is so cute and I am glad your little guy has such a friend in him and in our Jesus.

**hugs**

Blessings.

Buzzard Roost Babe said...

I did not know that you were going through so much.. I just have to tell you that Sunday God brought you to my mind! I was not even blogging , I was home from church with my smallest two who were very ill.. When God brings a person to my mind to pray for I do so! I will pray for your little guy ! Praise God !

I read your blog daily! I do not always leave a comment, but I tell you this you alway give us food for thought .. I really enjoy reading your Corner! You always have some good Ideas to share also!

Mississippi Girl said...

I am so glad that your Big Guy is okay.

Deanna said...

Thank you.... ALL of you! Talk about reasons to give thanks!

AM said...

That's awesome. love littleones snuggle bunny too...we have one of those (it had to have restuffin surgery not too long ago) God bless you for keeping us in your prayers. Knowing that someone else is praying for us that doesn't even know us...brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for being you. Your faith is inspiring.

HEATHER said...

God Bless you lady!
I'm so glad to count you as a "net" friend!
So glad that Big Guy is going to be OK!

Amydeanne said...

a very touching post Deanna! and I'm glad you're my bloggy friend too!
Hugs and prayers as you've gone through such a big thing this week!

Carrie said...

YAAAAY! Praise be to Him!

I should have known something was out of the ordinary with you! I felt it, but just shrugged it off. I need to listen to God better sometimes...

Prayer requests shouldn't just be relegated to a journal! Praying doesn't need to be private!!

"For when two or three are gathered in my name, there I am in the midst of them."

I hope you'll forgive your relative. After all, when you keep things all locked up in a journal, sometimes stuff sneaks out...

And now I'm off to pray about that snide comment I just made.

Anonymous said...

He's ever watchful and faithful. :)

K Storm said...

Just now reading this...Praise God that your prayers were answered.

Oh, and that friend of lil guy...that is so important to keep for a while. They grow up so fast...I like to see evidence that they are still children.