Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad

My parents are celebrating their 41st anniversary today. I use the word "celebrating" loosely because they will be spending the day supporting one of my family members who needs it. That pretty much summarizes my parents. They are a couple who are constantly giving and have done so for their entire marriage. It is impossible for me to think of my Mom without my Dad or my Dad without my Mom. They are definitely a married couple.

Everything that is good about my marriage today is because of God and the Godly example that my parents lived in front of me growing up. My parents love each other unconditionally. They also love on each other like they are newlyweds... even after 41 years of marriage.

Despite the fact that I have almost been with my parents for their entire marriage (I was born one year after they were married), it is still hard for me to believe that they have been married this long.

41 years = 14,965 days of saying goodnight and good morning to the same person
Each of those days were a choice. Why? Because as Gary Smalley says, "Love is a choice." My sisters and I are blessed to have parents who made that choice because they have given us an amazing legacy and heritage that nothing can replace.
Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad! I love you.

1 comment:

Wilson said...

Congrats to your mom and dad! They are one of the sweetest couples I know. What great role models!