Sunday, April 6, 2008

My Favorite Cake



When Todd was born, Donald started the tradition of letting him bake and decorate a cake for my birthday. I'll never forget my sweet 10 month old bringing me that first cake.
Tanner was determined that we weren't going to leave off this tradition despite the bad weather that went through on Friday. Yesterday morning he was up bright and early pulling everything out to bake.
Both of my boys are very good at baking. I am trying very hard to teach them to cook, wash and do all the basics around the house. It isn't hard because Donald is very good at all of these things and sets an amazing example in how to do them.
As soon as the cakes were cooled, Tanner went to decorating. You can see the results in the photo. No store bought gifts can replace the love and creativity that goes into these cakes. I look forward to them every year. I am hoping that this is a tradition that never goes away!

No comments: