Saturday, April 19, 2008

When Cleaning Attacks!

With such a busy schedule our house really needed some TLC. Donald announced to the boys that after a trip to his company picnic and to the "Peanuts at Bat" Exhibit at the MS Sports Hall of Fame (thanks to free tickets from sweet cousin Randy), there would be a time out from the fun to do a little house maintenance.

We all decided to tackle the work as a team one room at a time so that we could chat and see results faster. We were determined to tackle every inch -- bookcases, lampshades, windows, picture frames, furniture, dusting, vacuuming, organizing and cleaning.

That is when it happened! In the midst of the cleaning frenzy, cleaning attacked me. I was on my way to the kitchen to get a fresh dusting rag when.... AAAAAUUUUUGGGGHHHH! my feet started flying, my hands started grabbing for anything and before I knew it I was looking at the ceiling. I heard feet stomping as Donald ran towards the kitchen. Before I (or he) knew what had had happened I saw his feet fly up and he basically did a rerun of what I had just done minus the girly scream.

He turned and looked at me and we both said at the same time, "Are you O.K.?" He said he was fine but my hand was swelling from slamming it into the countertop and my already injured back was shooting pain. I looked up and saw Tman and TAG staring at me saying, "Are you guys O.K.?"

Tanner has inherited my family's terrible habit of smiling/laughing at the worst times so he was trying really hard to bite back a smirk. His voice said, "Mom, what can I do? Are you O.K.?", but he had his hand over his mouth trying to cover up that cute smirk. I started to laugh which really hurt.

I turned and looked at Donald and said, "Soooo, do we blame this on your Yankee genes for spraying Pledge dusting spray all over the kitchen floor?" He laughed and said, "I guess so."

Now I am sitting on the couch for a few minutes while Donald finishes dusting and Tanner massages feet. Maybe being attacked by cleaning isn't so bad!!

Oops, better go, Donald almost just busted it again. He may be joining me here on the couch soon!

6 comments:

HEATHER said...

OUCH!
Be sure to drink plenty of water, more than eight glasses per day. Water keeps the muscles lubricated and therefore less painful, especially if you have Fibro.
Hope you feel better soon.

Deanna said...

Thanks! My boys are the best medicine. They keep me laughing.

K Storm said...

Can you get Workers Comp coverage for housework?

Deanna Germany said...

Maybe we should start a Mom's insurance agency! Of course I could bankrupt it with all my crazy accidents.

donald said...

I'm feeling much better.. Thanks..

Deanna said...

You nut... trying to get sympathy from this blog after you tried to kill me. :-) You know I would nurse you back to health anytime. LOVE YOU BABY!!