Thursday, April 17, 2008

Thou Shalt Not...

Take the Lord's Name In Vain. Isn't that still a commandment?

Tonight I was sitting on the couch watching "Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader?" with Todd and Tanner when a commercial for deodorant (of all things) came on. It was geared towards young girls and hosted by the hugely popular Ashley Tisdale. The product was Degree Girl OMG! It was the "OMG" that caught me off guard. I realize that is a popular texting monicker, but STILL! Do we seriously have to use the Lord's name in vain to sell deodorant? Have we sunk so low? This is the new marketing campaign?

If this had happened when I was a girl, my Mom would have washed our mouths out with soap. Maybe that should be the coinciding campaign!!
Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

HEATHER said...

Hey Deanna, I caught your site from Sandi Beason's a few weeks ago and this is my first comment.
I so agree with you about the use of the Lord's name. It is everywhere!!

Deanna said...

Hey, Heather! Thanks for visiting!