Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Maybe Just Pray?

Not writing much this morning, but if you read last night's post you know that I have been dealing with a LOT since yesterday afternoon. Not a lot of sleep and hubs and I have to go face off with someone in just a little while.

Pray for us? Help us to remember Proverbs 15:1 "A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger." Right now there are way more harsh words than gentle ones on our minds, but we know that is not what God would have for us, the situation or those who we will be dealing with.

But...

If for some reason this meeting doesn't go well and I lose my cool and you see me on the 5:00 news, just remember this.... the camera adds at least 10 pounds! (Smile!) See? I haven't lost my sense of humor. That is a good thing. Right?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

D - Sense of humor is a VERY good thing. And I like to think that the camera (any camera) adds about 50 lbs! ;-)

W

Patrice and Higgins said...

Good luck today, will be praying for you.

Nice camera, mine adds much more than 10lbs! He he!

Unknown said...

Ugh - big hugs!!!!

mayberry said...

Yikes! Sending prayers up for you.... and whoever you're "facing off" with!

Dr. Wifey said...

hope the meeting goes well and that you get things resolved. oh, and i always tell the nurse that my clothes weight 20 lbs, so she could just subtract that from the number on the scale :)

Wilson said...

Praying for you. And, I am certainly glad you still have your sense of humor.

From the Doghouse said...

Consider it done. You won't be alone in this.

K Storm said...

Good to invite God along to your meeting. There are a couple of instances that still get my blood boiling when someone brought my child into a disagreement. I have to remember that that was the past and let go, but it isn't easy.

Anonymous said...

I hope everything goes well...I'll keep you in my prayers that things go smoothly (or at least according to God's will.)

Jocasta said...

Good luck - hope it goes well

Tonya Staab said...

Okay, wow, hope your face-off went well. I didn't see you on the news.