Wednesday, September 10, 2008

WFMW - Digital Scrapbooking



What Mom doesn't take a million photos when their first baby is born? The best way to save those photos is through scrapbooking. I know my husband wants me to post a photo of my hobby room and my scrapbook supplies which are sitting neglected and rejected. The hundreds of dollars of papers, punches, embellishments, stickers, ribbons and glazes. All abandoned when I discovered the beauty of digital scrapbooking.

See... even before I discovered digital scrapbooking my supplies were sitting neglected because even though I would buy them I could bear to use them. I could stand the thought of messing them up. I spent the money. What if I hated it once I finished it? (I am OCD that way.)

That is the beauty of digital scrapping. I can cut, paste, turn, rotate, throw away and start over all to my desire and never ruin anything. It is such a freeing process. Plus, it has one more advantage that traditional scrapbooking never had. There are so many FREE supplies out there!

Some of my favorite sites out there:









You can do so many things besides scrapbook pages. There are birthday invitations:




Create a blog header...





Happy scrappin'!

10 comments:

i'm black betty said...

cool. i've got so many picts of the diva that i want to do something with. hey, i also heard that walmart does digital photo albums now...with themes and everything.

thanks, deanna!!! now, off to take my metamucil! LOL!!!! :P

Nichole said...

I've started digital scrapbooking exclusively. Now I have decide what to do with all my "traditional" scrapbooking supplies!

JenLogue said...

I am SO interested in digital scrapbooking. I would like to find out more about it. Can you do it on any computer? How exactly does it work? Can you email me how-to's or maybe a brief explanation or something? jenlharrell@yahoo.com
Thanks so much!

uppervalleymom said...

Thanks for the links! Do you use Photoshop Elements for your digital scrapbooking, or something else? I've already got a folder with downloads, just not sure what program to use them with, LOL!

TheLegacyLady said...

There is a new site out there with FREE video tutorials and lots of friendly digital scrapbookers you can ask questions on the how-to's. It is www.digiscrap101.com.

Deanna said...

I use Adobe Photoshop, but lots of people use Photoshop Elements and love it.

A lot of the sites that I get my elements from have great tutorials. If you google digi-scrapbooking for beginners you will get tons of hits.

I am going to check out Legacy's video site. I am always trying to learn new things.

Carrie said...

I am still plodding my way through learning Photoshop 7.0. I inherited from my hubby's work, who wasn't using it anymore (poor me, right?).

I haven't really done any actual digital scrapbooking, just photo editing and made a few collages. I'd really like to try it, so thanks for the links!

Miss Mud Puddle said...

I've got so many layouts and templates saved but NO TIME!

Patrice said...

I just started playing around with Photoshop and digital scrapbooking and I am having a ball! I love your blog, did you make this also with Photoshop? I am doing well with the header, but having trouble with the body of my blog....any advice??

* TONYA * said...

ooh, thanks for all of those great sites, I've only just started to get into digital scrapbooking. I love the 'old' way, but it's just so time consuming and messy LOL.