Wednesday, September 10, 2008

WFW: Don't Let Your Heart Be Troubled


All the experts say don't leave your child without warning them that you are leaving.     That is what this verse is all about.   In this entire chapter, Jesus had been telling his disciples that he was going to be leaving them but that he would be returning one day for them.    It kind of reminds me of a mom leaving her child at the nursery at church or dropping her child off at school.      That anxiety.    That fear.     That worry of being left by their security blanket.

I want Jesus as my security blanket.      If I have any fear in my life that is the kind of fear I want it to be... the fear of being separated from my Lord.

17 comments:

Denise said...

Amen, the greatest security blanket ever-Jesus.

mayberry said...

He must have known I needed this today.

Thanks.

Joyfull said...

Love the picture and the post, great reminder that Jesus will never leave us or forsake us.

From the Doghouse said...

I could use some time like that.

black betty said...

i feel like i lose my blanket when i leave my daughter...is that weird???

yes, i needed this today, too.

Alexis said...

Absolutely! I enjoyed this post today - and the picture is REALLY cute! Have a great Wednesday!

Melanie said...

Wow... what a great security blanket Jesus is!

Happy WFW!

Confessions of A Mississippi Mom said...

I hate leaving my kids at school..what a great post .... even if I'm lost of what to really say

aspiritofsimplicity said...

What beautiful and comforting words you write about this verse. Thank you.

Addicted to Beadz said...

Great post, and picture of your son!

Thanks for sharing!

Happy WFW!
Cheryl

Amydeanne said...

very good verse! i'm very cautious when it comes to my children and don't want them to have fear of abandonment like I do, so thanks for the great reminder that God doesn't want us to feel that way either!

Kristi said...

What a precious picture. I'm thankful that He is always with us! Blessing to you!

Tricia said...

That is wonderful, thanks so much for sharing!

Carrie said...

"Let not your hearts be troubled, ye believe in God." I always sing this one too!

I love what comes before it also. "Peace I leave with you. My peace I give to you." Sounds like you could use some peace in your life right now too.

I love your metaphor of the security blanket!

Miss Mud Puddle said...

Thank you!

Buzzard Roost Babe said...

Praise the Lord. He send blessing everyday even the ones we didn't know we would need.

Anonymous said...

Wow...what a reminder. Thank you for sharing this... I want Jesus to be my security blanket too.

Blessings...