Wednesday, September 17, 2008

WFW: Solid Rock or Shifting Sand


"The foolish man built his house upon the sand
And the rain came tumbling down
The wise man built his house upon the rock
And the rain came tumbling down
The rain came down
And the floods came up
And the wise man's house stood firm."
I realize that this is an abridged version, but do you remember this song from Sunday School? I used to sing this song all the time growing up. When I saw this pic of my sweet guy building a sandcastle it made me think of that Sunday School song, but it also made me think of that Scripture too.
When you get married, you become a family. A lot of people seem to think you don't become a family until you have children, but I don't believe that. As a Christian, the circle of three that is created on your wedding day definitely creates a family.
As a married couple, rains are definitely going to come, floods are definitely going to come up. The difference is where your house is built. Is your house built on the Solid Rock or on the shifting sand?
Do you remember the end of that song?
The house on the sand went SPLAT!
The house on the ROCK stood FIRM!
That is where I want to keep building our house.
(P.S. For those of you who were praying yesterday.... Thank you so much. God is good. All the time!)

17 comments:

black betty said...

you are so right. :)

Anonymous said...

I definately remember singing this song. What a great photo to illustrate this...
Blessings.

Webmaster said...

Hope all went well yesterday.

From the Doghouse said...

Little Man sings it a lot.

Hope things are doing better.

Anonymous said...

I loved that song. It's amazing the things that children's songs can actual teach us adults! Hope all is well!

Aunt Julie said...

We definitely have a House Made of Rock, but with a little bit of sand between the chinks. :) Day #3 of Recipe Week today--Got Banana Split Cake going on at my place--please drop by!

Miss Mud Puddle said...

SIGH!

Buzzard Roost Babe said...

I must have missed that song growing up. I do however know the scriptures it is based on. Our spiritual home is built on the rock. It has seen some wind and recieved some damages at times, but we got down on our knees with that spiritual tool belt(prayer, bible, and worship)and we made it all new again with our Lord. Great picture. I am going to look into that digital scrapbooking. Thanks for taking the time to share what God has laid on your heart today.

Debra Kaye said...

Beautiful song ... beautiful illustration!
Blessings to you today!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Yes. that is where I want my house to be also. Isn't there another song about going to the rock

Laurie Ann said...

Amen! Your little guy is so cute. Happy WFW, from one who desires to be on firm ground, too!

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I'm H. and I work in a company interested in blog advertising. I found your blog engaging and I'm contacting you to ask if you are interested in blog post sponsorship.

If you are interested, kindly mail back at k5ino@bigstring.com, indicating your blog for reference, and I'll send you back pricing details, guidelines and processes. Looking forward to doing business with you.

Sincerely,

H.

Christy said...

:o) cute cute photo and I love the tie in with the verse...you are so creative and I always love how your share your precious heart.

Blessings...

Anonymous said...

SO many don't realize the benefit of placing God at the center of the home and in relationships. I look forward (hopefully) to someday having the opportunity to honor God in that manner. :)

Anonymous said...

SO many don't realize the benefit of placing God at the center of the home and in relationships. I look forward (hopefully) to someday having the opportunity to honor God in that manner. :)

Michele Williams said...

Wonderful post! God must be first place! God bless you dear.

Amydeanne said...

THIS IS Gorgeous!!!